Chapeltown Forum are a group of volunteers looking at ways to champion the needs of the Chapeltown area. To improve the social and economic prospects for all residents and the promotion of a community spirit. At the end of 2012, a group of local businesses, organisations and residents in Chapeltown started working together to plan a series of activities to promote Chapeltown over the Christmas period which resulted in them holding a very successful Christmas Fair on 1st December in the Newton Hall with more than 26 stalls and lots of attractions. To date we have organised various events throughout the year including:
- Annual best decorated store window in Chapeltown for in the Christmas theme.
- Dance in Newton Hall in vintage style (recently celebrating the Queen’s 90th birthday).
- Chapeltown community Gala in partnership with Friends of Chapeltown Park and Cavalcade of cars and motor bikes.
- Scarecrow Hunt.
- Chapeltown Village Show at Newton hall.
- Halloween Event (incorporating events at formerly Marie’s Tea Room).
- Lighting candles for Armistice Day in the Memorial Garden.
- Christmas Fayre at Newton Hall.
We would welcome more people to get involved in the forum, so if you want to find out more, please contact us by Email, Facebook or using the contact us form page. We look forward to seeing you around at our events.